Passports are required to enter back into the United States from Mexico.  If 18 and under a Birth Certificate is sufficient.

If you have neither of the above, a verbal statement that you are a US citizen will still get you across.  It may take you a little longer though as US Customs officers ask you for other forms of identification (driver’s license, school id, Costco card, etc).