As a guide to help you plan your upcoming Las Gaviotas vacation, here is a list of Guest FAQ. If you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
Are passports required to return to the United States?
Yes. That being said, children under 18 years of age with photocopies of birth certificates are ok (call us to double-check). It is also likely that adults with US driver's licenses and other forms of identification will also likely have no issues other than a verbal spanking. US Border Agents are not in the business of holding and detaining obvious US citizens. If you do get turned away - Call us. We know some great rentals in Las Gaviotas.
What do I need to gain access to the Las Gaviotas complex?
Each car must arrive with a printed Entry Form to hand the guards. The guards will not accept a photo of an Entry Form. Renters without an Entry Form will be turned away until they are able to return with a printed Entry Form. Once approved the guards will place a sticker on the vehicle's window for ease in returning to the complex.
How many vehicles are allowed in Las Gaviotas?
If a home has a garage, two vehicles are allowed into the complex. One to park in the garage and one to park parallel to the home. If a home's lot is large enough to have two cars park parallel to the home then a third car is allowed.
Can I bring extra guests to stay in my vacation rental?
Per Home Owner Association (HOA) rules two persons are allowed per bedroom in each Las Gaviotas rental and children are counted in total occupancy. The occupancy limit stated on the Rental Agreement may not be exceeded. No day guests are allowed per HOA rules.
What Time is Check-in and What Time is Check-out?
Our standard check-in time is after 3:00 PM. Our standard check-out time is 10:00 AM. Guests will be charged an additional fee of $75 if they arrive before 3:00 PM, or fail to depart by 10:00 AM without prior approval in writing.
What do I need to bring?
All vacation rentals are equipped with furniture and furnishings such as sheets and bath towels, pillows, bedspreads, blankets, pots, pans, dishes, and flatware. In addition, we provide a "starter amount" of toilet paper and paper towels.
We recommend that you bring the following items with you, or buy them when you arrive.
- Coffee and Coffee Filters
- Condiments & Spices
- Paper Towels
- Garbage Bags
- All-purpose cleaner
- Specialty cooking items (such as waffle iron, Crockpot, etc.)
- Foils, wraps, and baggies
- Toilet Paper
- Personal toiletries such as shampoo
- Personal appliances such as hair dryers
- Extra blankets and pillows if desired
- Pool/beach towels
- Charcoal for the balcony BBQ and the beach BBQ
- Beach chairs (if desired)
- Wetsuits and personal surfboards
- Fishing poles, lures, etc.
What Are the Departure Procedures?
Our standard departure time is 10:00 AM. Please be considerate of our cleaning and inspection teams, who need time to thoroughly clean and prepare the home for the next guests.
Before you go, please take care of a few things so we can ready the property for our next guests.
- Please leave the property neat and tidy with all dishes and cookware clean. (Please note: A charge of $75 will be automatically applied to your bill if any excessive cleaning is required after your departure or if excessive trash needs to be removed).
- You may leave all bedding on the bed. Please leave all used towels in the bathroom(s).
- Please make sure the refrigerator is empty.
- Place trash bags in the trash cans on the side of the house. Please bring recyclables home as there is not yet a process for these.
- If you have moved any of the furniture, please return it to its original location.
- Please place the balcony umbrellas inside the home.
- Turn off all lights and ceiling fans.
- Close and lock all of the doors and windows.
Are there any ocean toys at the home?
There are surfboards, Stand-Up Paddleboards, kayaks, and bodyboards in the garage for your use. Each home may be different so please check with us for specific items.