You are encouraged to bring the following OTC medications when you travel according to the United States Department of State.
• Antidiarrheal medication (for example, bismuth subsalicylate, loperamide)
• Decongestant, alone or in combination with antihistamine
• Anti-motion sickness medication
• Medicine for pain or fever (such as acetaminophen, aspirin, or ibuprofen)
• Mild laxative
• Cough suppressant/expectorant
• Cough drops
• Antifungal and antibacterial ointments or creams
• 1% hydrocortisone cream
Please keep in mind though that the pharmacies in Northern Baja California, Mexico, are very reputable and used repeatedly by US tourists and US retirees living throughout the area. Las Gaviotas Vacation Rental users will easily find similar medications in pharmacies nearby.